American Red Cross
HURRICANE HARVEY – IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
September 21, 2017
As we continue to provide food, shelter and comfort for those affected by Hurricane Harvey, the American Red Cross is delivering financial assistance to people who need it most.
Thanks to our generous donors, the Red Cross will provide $400 to qualified Texas households that were severely impacted by Harvey and need help taking care of emergency needs right now.
Severely impacted households that need immediate assistance can apply at redcross.org/HHIA. You can apply on your cell phone, computer or tablet with a valid email address. Registration will remain open through October 10.
- We expect the website to have sufficient capacity to handle all registrations; applications will not be accepted through any other website or phone number.
- Red Cross financial assistance is available for qualified households severely impacted with a pre-disaster address across the following 39 Texas counties: Aransas, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzalez, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Lee, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Polk, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Tyler, Victoria, Walker, Waller and Wharton.
If qualified, applicants will be eligible for $400 per household to support emergency needs. This assistance will be made available using several methods, including Zelle (electronic funds transfer to participating banks), MoneyGram, Walmart or PayPal.
Regardless of whether a household qualifies for financial assistance, other forms of Red Cross support will still be available for everyone affected. This support includes sheltering, cleaning supplies, food, health and mental health support, and spiritual care.
- The Red Cross has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to fraud and aggressively pursues fraudulent activities. If you are aware of fraud, please contact your local law enforcement or the Red Cross at email@example.com or through the organization’s toll-free Concern Connection Line at 1-888-309-9679.
The Red Cross is prepared to provide financial assistance to hundreds of thousands of households.
- The Red Cross has already approved $45 million in financial assistance to more than 100,000 qualified households who needed immediate help.
- This assistance will allow people to make their own decisions about meeting their immediate needs, and is in addition to other Red Cross emergency relief.
- Spending these funds locally will also support Texas communities as they begin recovering from the enormous economic losses inflicted by Harvey.
All Red Cross services, including financial assistance, are available to whoever needs it, regardless of nationality, race, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, class or political opinions. The Red Cross is a charity, not a government agency, and people do not need to be American citizens to receive our assistance.