Water Use Restrictions for Reducing Demand
All requirements of Stage 2 and 3 shall remain in effect during Stage 4, except:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas shall be limited to designated watering days between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and between 8 p.m. and 12 midnight and shall be by means of hand-held hoses, hand-held buckets or drip irrigation only. The use of hose-end sprinklers or permanently installed automatic sprinkler systems are prohibited at all times.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle not occurring on the premises of a commercial car wash and commercial service stations and not in the immediate interest of public health, safety and welfare is prohibited. Further, such vehicle washing at commercial car washes and commercial service stations shall occur only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- The filling, refilling or adding of water to swimming pools, wading pools and Jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- No application for new, addition, expanded or increased-in-size water service connections, meters, service lines, pipeline extensions, mains or water service facilities of any kind shall be approved, and time limits for approval of such applications are hereby suspended for such time as this drought response stage or a higher-numbered stage shall be in effect.