- Water customers are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with an even number address, and Saturdays and Wednesdays for customers with an odd number address, and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. to midnight on designated watering days.
- All operations of the city shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed in Stage 2 of the Plan.
- Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes. Water conservation information is available on the city's website, Channel 16, or by calling the Public Works Office at 409-938-9282.
Non-Essential Water Use
The following uses of water are defined as non-essential:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard-surfaced areas
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection
- Use of water for dust control
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s)